Want To Join The Team?
As a place to work, Taurus is up there among the very best. Talk to our staff and you’ll sense a definite feel-good factor. The people who work for us enjoy great benefits and working conditions. We make sure everyone feels valued and that they get the right opportunities to stride onwards and upwards in their careers. We work hard but we enjoy ourselves too!
Taurus works on a wide variety of projects and are always interested in expanding our workforce. If you are unafraid of a challenge, work well in a team and thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, then we want to hear from you!
Due to the large amount of applications we receive, you will only be contacted if we are considering you for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Fort Truck Service Center is hiring a Full Time Journeyman or 3rd Year apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic. This position works Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day, servicing heavy duty equipment and some light duty trucks. Some overtime may be required. The successful applicant will also support our team at NWR near Redwater. In the future, this position will provide mobile service in the local area (company service truck provided).
- Journeyman Certificate in Heavy Duty Mechanics or registered 3rd Year apprentice
- 3- 5 years of Heavy Duty Mechanic experience is an asset, specifically with Trucks and Off road equipment.
- Tools appropriate for the position
- Valid Class five (5) Driver’s License, clean driving record.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance in construction preferred.
- Ability to work independently with a professional demeanor.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and a high volume workload.
- Excellent organizational skills is a must.
- Proven interpersonal ability and communication skills with internal team members, and suppliers
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 50lbs, bend, reach, walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have CSTS and able to pass a site pre-access drug and alcohol test.
Duties include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Preventative maintenance.
- Carrying out repairs and replacing damaged parts.
- Testing motor vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnosing the causes of any malfunctions.
- Carrying out inspections of completed repairs to ensure that the vehicle is safe to be driven.
- Road testing vehicles. Inspecting and testing mechanical units.
- Following a checklist to ensure that all key work has been done
- Following safety policies and procedures
- Completing administrative reports as required.
- Maintaining a safe and organized work site.
- Completion of Work Order reports
This is an employee position; Fort Truck offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please no placement agencies or subcontractors.
We thank all applicants but only those screened in will be contacted for an interview.
Please note it is a requirement that internal applicants exercise courtesy and advise their immediate supervisor of their application.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Heavy Duty experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Journeyman or 3rd Yr apprentice?