Safety is a Core Value at Taurus. Our management is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our client's employees, our sub-contractors and the public as well as preserving the quality of the environment for future generations. This is management’s responsibility as well as the responsibility of every employee and subcontractor and visitor.
Taurus has a legacy of placing high value on conducting its business with respect and care for people and the environment. Exemplary safety performance is an integral part of our business and contributes to our goal of promoting the health, safety, security while also maintaining the quality of the environment in which we perform our work.
We believe that exemplary performance in the areas of health, safety and the environment is essential to fulfilling our business goals, enhancing our client’s value and meeting the needs and expectations of our many stakeholders. To achieve this, we integrate health, safety and environmental considerations into all decisions affecting our operations and will continuously improve our performance by:
Through management leadership and employee involvement Taurus pledges to:
1) Comply with all applicable safety, health, security and environmental laws, regulations and Company policies without regard to enforcement;
2) Prevent pollution, reduce wastes and emissions, and conserve energy and other natural resources by minimizing the environmental risks associated with our operations;
3) Prevent incidents and maintain effective emergency preparedness and response programs;
4) Continually improve health, safety, security and environmental performance results with a management system designed to establish goals and assess performance;
5) Continue to educate our employees with latest information pertaining to skills, legislation and job requirements.
6) Ensure each employee understands and is responsible and accountable for health, safety, security and environmental performance while conducting his/her daily business activities;
7) Work with our customers, contractors and suppliers to achieve HSE performance consistent with our Company objectives and;
8) Promote open communication throughout our organization. Nurture frequent dialog and communication forums with our customers, the community and with applicable regulatory agencies on HSE matters.
Through continuous safety and loss control efforts we can accomplish our goal, “Target Zero”.
These tasks have been identified as having the largest risk for employees at Taurus. Additional Safe work practices have been created in order to help employees mitigate risk in these tasks. The tasks are not ranked according to risk. Employees should be diligent in applying the safe practices when faced with these tasks.
2) Working with Pressure
3) Working at Heights
4) Working with Electricity
5) Hydrogen Sulfide
6) Hazardous Chemicals
7) Machine Guarding
8) Simultaneous Operations
All employees and contractors are responsible for adherence to company policies, standards and rules while performing their tasks, and are accountable for taking measures to ensure their own safety and that of other employees and the general public.
We acknowledge their commitment and appreciate their cooperation in assisting management in achieving an incident free work environment. We ask our employees, clients and sub-contractors for their complete and active participation in achieving our health & safety goals.
Managers and supervisors are responsible for identifying safety needs, communicating safety hazards, investigating hazardous conditions and accidents, providing training, supplying or wearing appropriate safety and personal protective equipment, and ensuring all equipment is maintained and meets legislated safety standards. It is the duty and responsibility of each employee, contractor, visitor, agent and affiliate to ensure that each of Taurus’s business activities is carried out in a manner consistent with this Occupational Health & Safety Policy.