A commercial construction contractor’s job description is not simple as they have to deal with many things simultaneously to complete a project successfully. Whether it’s new building construction or a commercial renovation project, there are various requirements a general contractor needs to fulfill, like budgeting, state, and zone regulations, permitting, and more.
To learn more about who general contractors are, what they do, how they do it, and other vital information, we will now provide answers to some of the frequently asked questions about them.
What Is A Commercial Construction Contractor?
A commercial construction contractor is a general contractor with vast experience in commercial and large-scale construction and renovation projects for various businesses. It’s a professional construction company that handles different construction management duties, including equipment, materials, vendors, and subcontractors working on a specific project.
A commercial contractors’ primary responsibility is to ensure that the project goes smoothly and is finished within the stipulated time and budget. The best commercial building contractors will have a specialized team of designers to help them with interior design. They remain in constant contact with various entities, including architects, designers, vendors, staff members, subcontractors, and others throughout the project.
What Is The Difference Between Commercial And Residential Contractors?
There are many differences between these two contractors. Overall, commercial construction involves extensive planning and execution as compared to residential projects. Constructing or renovating offices, retail outlets, restaurants, and other commercial spaces involve more challenging timeframes, budgeting, materials, and regulations than residential construction.
What Are The Major Responsibilities Of A Commercial Construction Company?
Some of the major responsibilities of a commercial construction management company working on a large-scale project can include:
- Managing the entire construction project efficiently
- Adhering to local commercial building codes and regulations
- Complying with project budget and timeline requirements
- Purchasing appropriate and safe construction materials
- Acquiring and using the right equipment and tools
- Communicating with project owners, managers, vendors, subcontractors, and other entities regularly
- Overseeing logistics and reporting functions effectively
The exact scope of work can vary from one project to another; the more unique the commercial project is, the more skills, knowledge, and experience will be required from a general contractor. It’s the project owner’s responsibility to make sure they hire a commercial contractor with increased professionalism, discipline, timeliness, and experts who can complete the project within the stipulated budget.
How Can You Ensure That You Hire The Best Commercial Contractors?
There’s no denying that hiring the most suitable commercial builder for your particular project is crucial for its success. When hiring a construction management company, you’ll need to consider certain things to make the best decision.
- Start with researching all of your local commercial contractors – contract various property management groups in your area, get referrals, and choose the most appropriate contractor for your individual projects needs
- Understand how much your project and contractor’s services will cost you – the service costs will depend mostly on your projects type (construction or renovation), area in square feet, location, insurance, material quality, and more
- Ensure your service provider is certified and licensed – ensuring this will mean that the contractor you choose is permitted to operate in your state and jurisdiction. This also means that the commercial builders must be familiar with the necessary work permits, materials, zone regulations, subcontractors for your project
- A valid insurance plan is vital for every construction company to have in case of any mishaps, injuries, or work-related incidents on-site
Taurus Projects is a professional commercial construction contractor in Fort Saskatchewan. We offer high-quality construction management services to Alberta’s various businesses. Visit our website to learn more about general contracting services or contact us for personalized service.